If you want my opinion, a single day dedicated to mothers doesn’t quite cut it. For all they do, celebrations should last at least a week. Or, in my mother’s case, over her lifetime.
I can’t begin to tell you how this amazing woman enriches our lives. As I watch her go about her daily duties with a quiet sense of determination, I marvel at her steely will and positive attitude in the face of adversity. I silently shed tears of blood when I think of all the sacrifices this matriarch has made for her family.
Born in a traditional Iyengar household in circa 1922, Smt. …. oh, wait … wrong story …. I somehow got a few generations mixed up; but you catch my drift, right?
Mom is so marvelous that without her our house would not be a home - it would still be an apartment, and dad would be green in the art of making money disappear in the blink of an eye.
Besides, any woman who deliberately consumes all the cookie dough bits and leaves behind a near-empty tub of vanilla ice cream in the freezer to save - yes, save! - her family from the ill effects of trans fatty acids merits a special chapter in my book.
Wouldn’t you agree?
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Maha Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
ha ha... that was good.
"If you want my opinion, a single day dedicated to mothers doesn’t quite cut it. "
i agree. it is the fathers and the mothers-in-law (and maybe fathers-in-law) who really need a day each so they can be remembered and feted. not so mothers ;-).
- s.b.
bubbles, thanks.
s.b., don't know how it is in your house, but in mine, fathers are placed on a pedestal and feted on a daily basis.
Ooh! I love the dough bits too! Happy Mother's day every day to your Mom Terri.
I agree with cleaning up all the fatty foods at home ;-)
That was maha cute :)
Oh, thank you, Shoefie! Dough bits are available across the ocean also?
munimma, it's public service, right? Anything for the welfare of your family.
rads, aw shucks, thanks.
matriarch! gud dat u used this word, i had almost forgotten dat it still exists!
Hey, that was really cute :)
Terri, I am sure your mom is overcome with emotion that at least someone in her house appreciates her myriad sacrifices. To eat up all the cookie dough and most of the vanilla ice cream while brushing off the consequences to her body is truly the work of a martyr. :)) Happy Mother's Week!
Terri, did your mom say to you write all this?
Its always a mothers lifetime. Except Hallmark needs a special day to boost their sales. Ask any kid about their mom!
I wonder how come there are no mother-in law days or Father Day is so inconspicous
Aw, mom is sure the considerate martyr, living only for her family's well-being.
Post a Comment