The proclamation was hardly worthy of the dinner table, but just as her friends were about to dig into their macaroni and cheese, Kuki decided to speak her mind.
“Hey, guys, guess what?” she said, swinging her pony tail from side to side. “My mommy wears a diaper!”
Her friends paused, their spoons suspended in mid-air.
“And it’s red!” continued Kuki, her eyes as wide as saucers.
Mom jumped from one end of the kitchen to the other like Hanuman leaping to Lanka and hastily thrust a spoon into Kuki’s mouth.
“Eat!” she hissed, silently thankful that her child had restrained herself at a puja gathering last weekend. The pious had been spared mom’s menstrual details.
Readers of this blog, however, may not be as fortunate.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
'Tis the season to be thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
ha ha ha....hilarious....things that kid say....being logical and innocent that they are...
Kuki and my daughter would get along fabulously ! My daughter ALWAYS asks me at mixed gatherings if I have my "periods" ! I constantly kick myself for having taught her the word.
pw, I know, I don't have the heart to correct her.
lakshmi, does the 'p' word exist in baby talk?
You bet !
LOL! Isnt she like, 4 years old or something?! I am so glad I have at least 2 years more to go!
MM, she's four going on 24. And I hope little girls never lose their precocity.
Post a Comment