Friday, May 12, 2006

Selective Hearing

Mom: “I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to the Mother’s Day luncheon at Kuki’s school tomorrow.”

Dad: No response.

Mom (teasingly): "Do you want to go, instead?"

Dad: No response.

Mom: "Hello? I said, 'Mother’s Day lunch.' Do you want to go?"

Dad: "I can’t. I have a meeting."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Terri! Are human fathers the same the world over! You know what, me thinks you would make a very good stand in, instead:-)You'd have the little humans rotfl with your tall tales.

anantha said...

chey, Dad was just trying to be helpful and Mom teases him...:D

Anonymous said...

dads! god save them.

Terri the terrific said...

*Sigh* Let me explain....
Let's say you're a dad, and you receive an invite for a Mother's Day gig. Shouldn't that little voice in your head that's otherwise preoccupied with sports scores, politics, the stock market, ethnic strife in Darfur, work, alcohol and sex warn you that it's a trick question and that you need to proceed with caution?

anantha said...

Well we definitely got that part that it was a trick question. However, the part of us that always *would* aim to please *would* always want to treat it seriously. :p