Friday, January 05, 2007

No Post? No Time!

Each morning as I awake, my one pressing thought other than the slight pressure on my bladder is to write something today. Intracranial pressure being dangerous, I should void my thoughts instead of letting them pile in my head, bored kids on winter break be darned.

I’m sure you’re all dying to hear about my Christmas week spent in a kennel while the humans traipsed up and down the California coast praying for an earthquake free vacation while visiting family and contributing to the coffers at Disneyland and Universal Studios. Or would you rather hear about dad paying peripheral attention to the sultry hostess at Tirupathi Bhimas than to the pongal and oothapam in front of him?

Perhaps I should talk about how unnerving it was to find Hrithik’s biceps in Dhoom 2 to be somewhat larger than mom’s thighs. Or the alarm bells that went off when Anu chanced upon the cover for The 40-Year-Old Virgin and didn’t ask what the word meant.

In the interest of the new year, I think I’ll stay safe and limit myself to wishing my wonderful readers – family members (named and anonymous), friends (tangible and virtual), regulars, anons and shy lurkers - a very happy 2007!

Thank you all for stopping by a lot more regularly than I post. I'm glad some of you seem to visit more often than I go to the bathroom.

And to the person who Googled “Terri’s boobs” and landed here? Sorry to disappoint you, bud, but I keep my endowments well hidden. So well, in fact, that you might have better luck with a hirsute Akshay Kumar or Anil Kapoor.

8 comments:

noon said...

omg terri you must be a cracker jacker amongst all canines! :) Your last paragraph! Happy new year to mom n the gang. Tell mom to be good and not get into too much trouble this year! Hard considering her record! :) Well unless she gets into trouble we won't have interesting posts. oh how was bhimas btw?! Did they all like it - people keep talking about Bhimas like "What, you have never been to Bhimas?!".

Terri the terrific said...

Noon, what, you have never been to Bhimas?! I only went there after reading this. I had no clue the hostess would be part of the charm ;)

Be forewarned though, you will eat a month's worth of ghee in one sitting.

BlackThorn said...

doood!! I'm overwhelmed by ur hilarious posts! ur sense of humor is terrible - ooops, srry, i meant terrific!! :P

rads said...

oooo, I recently heard about Bhimas, so it's good eh? A trip's in the offing, might ask you for pointers later :)

Anonymous said...

sorry abt bhimas...but my all time fav is saravana bhavan n murugan iddli kadai...yummmmm (grumble)...

Terri the terrific said...

i7, thanks. Glad you like it.

rads, the food isn't waistline-friendly, but it sure is good.

1$ saint, somehow Murugan idli kadai doesn't sound like a California establishment. Where is it?

Anonymous said...

isn't terri a he?

- s.b.

Terri the terrific said...

s.b., welcome back! Terri is a he, no doubt about it. But I do have mammary glands - four, in case you want to know.