Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Subliminal Love

Sweet nothings mom can never hope to hear in this lifetime:

  • I’m so lucky I married you!

  • Of course, I would love to spend my entire vacation with your family.

  • Don’t ever lose weight, you hear me? You look beautiful just the way you are.

  • Come, sit next to me. Let’s just talk.

  • You look tired. Let me rub your shoulders, knead your back and massage your feet.

  • Yes, dear, you’re right.

  • Screw work, I just want to spend time with you.

  • Don't be shy, tell me all your innermost thoughts and feelings.

  • It's not your fault my underwear turned pink in the wash. Who's going to notice?

  • No special reason; I called just to hear your voice.

  • Spend all you want. You don't even have to ask. After all, I’m only earning for you.

  • Let’s have another baby!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What she does hear, or rather interprets, as dad's actions often speak louder than his words:

  • You can always lean on me.
  • I will catch you when you fall.
  • I love you!

12 comments:

Jinguchakka said...

:-)
Poignant post with a humour coating.

But I do note down the points for future use. :-)

Terri the terrific said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Terri the terrific said...

jc, thanks. BTW, new post, please. You've had enough time to get over jet-lag. How's life in the boonies?

Anonymous said...

awwww...

btw, u up for another addition to the family ;)??

G

BlackThorn said...

aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!! finally overcame the 'terrisampat blog' thingyyy!! doood, why do u entertain such "immature mature skirt" thingy on ur blogspot??! make sure the immature skirt doesnt lay her skirt and things endowed within that on terristurf.blog!!

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk....dads i tell u....need help.

Terri the terrific said...

G, as long as dad's up, we're happy ;)

i7, can you translate that?

1$ saint, there's no hope for dads, that's why single guys are urged to take notes.

Anonymous said...

aw, sweet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Terri, does dad read your observations?

Terri the terrific said...

rads, thanks. Sweet, no? So unlike me.

mg, I seriously doubt he reads this blog. (Dad, feel free to disagree.)

Terri the terrific said...

rads, thanks. Sweet, no? So unlike me, but couldn't help it.

mg, I seriously doubt he reads this blog. (Dad, feel free to disagree.)

Anonymous said...

very cute -- well, we all can hope the sweet nothings are realities at some point.

-V