I feel sorry for mom’s toothbrush.
All alone in a cold holder, it sorely misses its companion, who’s living it up in Chennai.
Mom should have gone along on the trip, if you ask me - just so she can stop telling people that she hasn’t been to India in 3 ½ years.
“Just book your tickets and go,” says dad, who never lets money (or the lack of it) stand in his way.
"I refuse to go India for only 10 days," retorts mom haughtily.
She quickly calculates the cost of a return ticket and local air travel within India and decides it’s far cheaper to stay home and complain.
Or maybe she just wants to use homesickness as another legitimate reason to quit her job.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I’m no banana, but I’m akela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You mean a clean vanity is something I can look forward to? Not have to share the bathroom? Not have to deal with hammering on the door just when I settle down to read or just step into the shower? Oh bliss! Terri, tell your Mom she has no clue how good she has it! 10 days is great for the heart to grow fonder, too! Not too long and kinda short but better than nothing!
Manisha, did I forget to mention that dad's vacationing solo while the kids are home with mom? Being a single parent, for any length of time, stinks as much as a dirty vanity.
I side dad. What is a few thousand dollars compared to 3 days of travel, 4 days of jet lag, and 2.5 days of pampering? And meeting up with some avid blog-fans (at least one) who live in the country of origin? Hmmppphhh..
Silly mom
Lakshmi, such praise! This warrants a special trip, just to meet you.
mg, what about practical mom? Level-headed mom? Sensible mom?
How come appa always goes to these trips alone -Machu pichu, India on vacation alone?
And is Amma the tradional hindi film all sacrificing mom?
--S
S, did you just start reading this blog? Do I paint my mom as unselfish and all-sacrificing? In that case, I'm more brilliant than I thought I was.
Regarding their traveling styles, dad likes to travel alone and mom doesn't. That's all.
Post a Comment