Friday, November 02, 2007

Kaan't take a hint

Body piercing talk at lunch.

Male co-worker to group: “I don’t like to date women who have their ears pierced. I mean, earrings just get in the way when you’re trying to nibble on somebody’s ears, don’t you think?”

A light bulb flashed in mom’s head.

Later that night, after the kids had gone to bed, she changed into her night clothes and snuggled up to dad on the couch.

“What are you watching?” she asked coyly, paying no attention to Jay Leno gabbing on screen.

Tucking her hair behind her ears, mom hoped dad would notice her naked earlobes. She had even taken off her bracelets, ring and mangalsutra for good measure.

Dad yawned loudly, stretched and scratched his head.

“I have to wake up early tomorrow,” he said, handing mom the remote and heading upstairs. “Good night!”

At least I left my toe rings on, thought mom, turning her full attention to Jay Leno.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor mom!

Saady said...

lol....funny !

Anonymous said...

Ask mom to not take it too personally, Terri. It was all Jay Leno's fault. If dad had watched, say, Bay Watch instead, the earrings would have had the last laugh ;)

Terri the terrific said...

mg, what to do?

Saady, you really think so?

lakshmi, Bay Watch?!! Then mom would have spent the entire night and the next month wondering if dad had indeed been thinking of Pamela. The poor man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Unknown said...

when men are tired and watching TV and yawning.. you should give some pointers..

what do you think about body piercing?

then snuggle up...

maybe, then maybe..

now this prompts me to post something that happened at our place last week.

Terri the terrific said...

sundar, so you're saying it's a good idea to start a conversation first when trying to compete with Jay Leno?

Munimma said...

Hmm, remember utsav? :-) May be Indian men are different.

And some men don't take hints. In your face works.

Sue said...

Dads are like that only. Check out what mine is like here.

Anonymous said...

Naked earlobes competition for Jay Leno? C'mon mom, you gotta do better than that! :D

ano

Terri the terrific said...

munimma, what happened in Utsav? I only remember Rekha's jewelry; that's right, nothing else.

sue, dads of a certain generation can be forgiven. Younger ones, however, cannot get off so easily.

ano, I know. What was I thinking?

Anonymous said...

terri:

"I only remember Rekha's jewelry; that's right, nothing else."

in my opinion, mom should ask dad what he remembers (from utsav), and i bet it won't be jewelry, or lack thereof. dad's answer should give mom enough clues to what actions will likely help further her future (similar) endeavours than mere jewelry shedding.

- s.b.

Terri the terrific said...

s.b., I think the last Hindi film dad watched was Sholay - when it was released. I doubt he's even heard of Utsav.

Munimma said...

Rekha (vasantasena) seduces charudutt with her jewels, not without ;-) What was that famous song?

Munimma said...

Rekha (vasantasena) seduces charudutt with her jewels, not without ;-) What was that famous song?