Thursday, August 13, 2009

Goodbye, my love



He’s gone.

My foot warmer, vacuum cleaner, plant fertilizer, garbage disposer, pest controller, blood pressure regulator, 6:30 a.m. wake up caller, walk motivator, security guard, conversational ice breaker, chappati beggar, chappal stealer, unconditional lover, soul mate of 13 years is no more.

Terri has left the building.

62 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this.

I am so sorry. I can't tell you how. Take care you all.

neha vish said...

Okay.. am weeping early in the morning here..

Terri - lovely furry tailed funny Terri... :(

Me said...

I am sorry Terri's mom. Take care.

Shammi said...

Oh noooooooo... this is so awful :( I know how you must be feeling because I lost my Penny too, five years ago. Keep all the good memories handy, Terri's mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm stunned. Terri, you were a love and I can't believe I won't see you again.

Terri's family, my thoughts are with you.

-DS

Anonymous said...

Terri, the one who gave us many wonderful memories through this blog, We will miss you very much!
My thoughts are with your family.

Peace!
Shree

Vijay said...

Sorry to hear this :-(

Sig said...

Oh no! I'm so so sorry to hear of this...what a beautiful cutie...

:(

Ron said...

I did'nt even get to meet him! Im so sorry to hear this. R.I.P.

Broom said...

I didn't even meet him and I'm sad. Can't imagine what you're going through.
So sorry. Hugs.

Meera said...

So sorry Terri's mom....

The Muser said...

Sorry to know that Terri's mom.
RIP Terri...and hope the kids are dealing with it :(

Nishchita said...

Terri, rest in peace..

stringOfPearls said...

I am very sorry for your loss. He was clearly very dear to all of you. So Sorry

Doli said...

oh.. im so sad.. :( tears in my eyes right now

Chips said...

So sorry for your loss, Terri's mom. RIP Terri.

upsilamba said...

So sorry to hear this, TM.
My condolences.
Keep your faith and be brave. God bless!

Shobha said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss ..Terri I miss you too..

clueless said...

sad to hear this..
take care

Anu said...

So very sorry to hear this.

Terri - RIP

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry...my condolences.

M

Sands said...

how, when, why? I am so sorry Terri's mom. Can't believe I won't see her the next time we are over. The kids are going to be shattered when I tell them. I can only imagine how you are feeling!! She will be sooo missed.

Anusha said...

what happened? I am so sorry.
I can't believe the voice of this blog will not be the voice we'll be hearing any more.
RIP, Terri.

Anonymous said...

That was sudden! something totally unexpected.
I am sorry for you & your family! Hope you guys recover soon!

Sri

Anonymous said...

Very sad to read this, TM. When I checked your blog for any new posts, the picture took a while to load, but the title loaded quick. I was so hoping that the title didn't mean what I thought, but unfortunately not so. I am so sorry for your loss. It must be esp. hard on the kids.I know Terri will continue to live in the hearts of all who knew and loved him.

-rm

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. Sending you a virtual hug, Terri's mom.

Veena

Anonymous said...

really sorry, i was shocked when i first read it. Didnt know wat to say knowing how much he meant to you and the family. Even to us readers, the way you wrote abot him.

Take care TM.
-sachita

Mystic Margarita said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs! I'll miss you too, Terri.

Richa said...

I am really sorry too. It was a real shock. Don't know what to say except take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry TM. My thoughts are with you and your family.

MB

Anonymous said...

Terrible :( Very sorry ..I am sure he is an a happy place surrounded by wagging tails, chappatis and lots of chappals to steal :(

Unknown said...

Terri, you've captured all our hearts and will be terribly missed...RIP...Am sitting here with tears in my eyes....

(((Hugs))) Terri's mom...I am so sorry for ur loss.

- Am a regular reader but I've never commented before...But I couldn't go away today without saying something

Sangita said...

this made me cry...again.

Anya Padyam said...

I am so sorry to hear about it! :( I can't imagine... him not being there anymore... I am so so sorry!

hugs! hang in there!

RIP Terri, you will be missed and you are always loved.

Anonymous said...

I have been privy to your thoughts for years now, Terri. I hope you are at peace, wherever you are. You will be deeply missed.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Terri's mom. Terribly sorry. sniff.

Amrita said...

Hi,
I have been reading silently for a while now and I'm very very sorry for your loss.
RIP Terri, and hope the family gathers strength to come to terms with this.

Take care.

Amrita

wordjunkie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked! I am a regular reader of your blog and cant believe Terri's no more. Very sorry for your loss, Terri's mom! Take care.

-Archana

Sneha said...

oh nooo ... thats so sad ... I still remember his post on how he moved from US to India ... I used to relate that with my Fizzy while he was moved from India to S'pore cos they are so much similar to each other.

RIP Terri .. Fizzy wud miss u too :(

Sravi said...

am sorry.. RIP Terri ...

noon said...

OMG - I can't believe it. Really I never thought something like this can ever happen to Terri - this is his voice - how can be gone?! This photo - God - no wonder you loved Terri so much - such kindness in those eyes! Gosh - even me who is scared of dogs - I find this so heart breaking. Really sorry to hear this.

thepianistmom said...

Terris mom, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a regular reader of your blog though I've commented only once before. I know what its like to lose a pet. May you and your family find the strength to deal with the pain.

RIP Terri. We'll all miss you.

Hugs
Smitha

Mayo said...

I'm so very sorry. :( RIP Terri!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss...my heartfelt condolences
Rashmi

Anonymous said...

So very sorry for your loss. Terri, may you find your chapathi heaven.

dipali said...

I'm shocked and grieved to read this, Terri's Mom. How did this happen?
My condolences on your loss.

Anonymous said...

Been a big fan of Terri and the blog for a long time. Delurking to offer you my heartfelt condolences

Terri, be at peace in all your journeys

PV

Harini Sridharan said...

So very sorry to hear :(. Take care, Terri's family.

PVS said...

very sorry to hear this TM. Take care. RIP Terri

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear this. We will pray for you.
A big hug from our kids to yours. Hope they find the strength to cope with the loss.

Lakshmi said...

Very sorry, mom.

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear about this...hope terri's family get the strength to cope with this..
-gp

Bannu said...

Sorry to hear of your loss and virtually ours too.

Anj-the-Axe said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Terri :(

Hugs to you, TM.

Mom Gone Mad said...

?? I was away a couple of days and this was shocking!!!

I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP dear Terri!

Terri the terrific said...

Thank you all for the immense outpouring of grief and support. I am truly touched.

Anonymous said...

This is very sad news....Terri's mom...my virtual hugs to you...
I have never had pets and cannot fully understand the bond but I could feel your love for Terri in your posts...

Deepest sympathies....

tc

Jyothy.

Cee Kay said...

I just found out, and I am SO sorry for your loss, Terri's mom. I don't have words to express my condolences - just tears (really - I do have them in my eyes as I type this). HUGS.

desigirl said...

oh shit!! visiting yr blog after a long time only to see this!!! big hugs to terri's family. what happened?? :'(

Sue said...

Hugs. I heard long ago, just didn't know what to say. My folks refuse to keep dogs now because they've lost too many.