My friends Orbit and Kariba are spending the week here while their humans are away in San Diego. We're all practically the same age and pretty much ignore each other. I mean, just because we're of the same species doesn't mean we need to get along.
I must say, though, that Orbit's habit of ingratiating herself with mom is beginning to annoy me. She follows her everywhere, even to the toilet. Really, the woman's not going to dole out treats while perched on the throne with the latest issue of People magazine. If you want tidbits missy, look under the kitchen table, stick your snout in the sofa, try the backseat of the car, check the carpet in the living room.
Heck, you can eat off the floors in this house.
Kariba the Rhodesian Ridgeback, on the other hand, sleeps all day. She wakes up to yawn and stretch, and then goes right back to sleep. Which is a good thing.
This morning, mom came down to discover a gift one of the dogs (not me, I swear) had left her on the living room carpet. As expected, she went ballistic, and in a fit of PMS-induced rage, threw all of us out into the back yard. Not a good thing.
Later, when she let us back in, Orbit barfed all over the floor, and promptly got thrown out again.
We don't bother dad much. He seems to have an electronic pet that hums and is constantly on his lap. The thing even goes with dad on his trips worldwide. In fact, dad has two of them; he takes one to work every day, and gives the other equal attention whenever he's home.
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Out, out, damned spot ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think the dad is pretty cool - I mean anyone who can work two computers has got to be smart.
Post a Comment