My eyes are red and watery; I've been sneezing a lot and feeling light-headed and dizzy - ever since mom decided to paint the guest room and expose the whole family to paint fumes.
She got a surge of inspiration after watching a show on HGTV and decided to rehaul the guest room. For two whole days, she stripped the room, prepped it, slapped primer on the walls and painted until 3 a.m., all with the windows tightly shut.
The result: A loud, hideous, unsightly, nauseous shade of yellow called Del sol by Glidden.
Think mango lassi with yellow food coloring in it. Or something I'm an expert on: concentrated urine.
In fact, the only positive thing I can say about the room is that I never ever have to go in there.
Mom, the eternal optimist, views the whole fiasco as a learning experience. She'll stay away from yellow walls, hereafter. Her next ambitious project is to paint the master bedroom a royal red.
I have a feeling she's going to exhaust all the colors of the rainbow to arrive at the conclusion that builder's white is right, after all.
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Shut the door, will ya?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment