Every morning without fail, even before she rubs the sleep from her eyes, Kuki asks, “Are you going to stay home with me today, Amma?”
Every night before going to bed, she asks again, “Can you stay home with me tomorrow, Amma?"
Mom has never felt so needed in her life.
One day her child will stop asking her to stay. Quiet resignation may replace the hovering hope in Kuki's little heart.
Mom will have nobody to blame then but herself.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Her Daily Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
That must be hard. It's probably to avoid such grief that I chose to stay home with my 1st 2. Till they started having a life of their own...no such luck with the 3rd.
She's soo cute :)
terri:
kuki is cute. v.b. asks "does she stay home and get bored? :-) does she not go to pre-school or something?"
- s.b.
rads, the first one would prefer not having mom in his hair all day, but the second one (our baby!) still needs mom.
s.b., is v.b. your child? Now what do the initials stand for? Kuki's been home for two months in the summer. She loves going to school, but I have a feeling she loves her mom even more.
Heartbreaking :( It must be so hard for you, too.
Aww Terri,
Mum must feel real bad! At home luckily both the kids have grown up and (probably) dont need anyone now. Hope something turns up for mom, that allow her to work from home. Ask her to remember that "if she wants something badly enough then she'll definitely to get it".
Clio and I are hoping that mom/dad (yes, I've finally adopted them) will be able to work from home.
-PP
muser, part-time is the way to go.
visitor, you have kids?!! For some reason, I thought you were a 28-year-old. That's why you need to write about yourself in your blog.
Terri - that's awful :( has mom thought about going AWOL once in a while? just wake up one morning and give Kuki what she wants! it's not a substitute for what she really wants but this way she gets to win too. On the downside she could end up even more sad when mom goes off to work the next day. You decide.
amrita, mom fantasizes all the time about quitting (yup, she's a quitter). Something tells me the day isn't very far off ;)
She's lovely...is part time possible at least for the holidays?
Happy Birthday by the way!
well if mom fantasizes about quitting then she aint a quitter, she's a dreamer. can't have you putting mom down! Good luck :)
awwwwww!
mg, you'd think most companies would allow their corporate writers to work from home, right?
Wrong!
amrita, that's my mom - head firmly planted in the clouds and listening mostly to her heart.
anantha, heartbreaking, no?
Quite a dilemma this. Been thru it myself when I was a working mom. Finally realised that I was not giving anyone my 100% - not my daughter and not my job.
Decided to take a break and have been a SAHM since.
Quite some crossroads this !!
It is very touching and innocent sleeping face. Tough decision to pick once you have a kid.
-Shree
gauri, wise choice, but it's so difficult to take that first step.
Shree, they all look so innocent when asleep, don't they?
Oh boy. And here I am in the other boat, wanting to get back to work and not being able to... although I don't know now if I could get a job whether I'd want it...
terri:
"visitor, you have kids?!! For some reason, I thought you were a 28-year-old."
rotfl. since my 'blog age' is 22, you'll probably get visitor's 'real age' if you add six to my 'real age.' ;-) btw, if memory serves me right, i read somewhere a few weeks ago that visitor's kids are older than mine (or yours for that matter!).
"s.b., is v.b. your child?"
nope, she's my child's mom :-) - those are her initials (i got tired of typing 'mrs. s.b.' all the time).
"Now what do the initials stand for? "
i take the fifth on that one.
- s.b.
But till then Mama's the most needed person in her life. Better [being] loved and lost than never [being] loved at all, you know.
moppet's mom, you have a wonderful excuse to not get back for a few years.
s.b., I thought 's.b.' stood for 'somebody.' In that case, 'v.b.' would be ...?
sue, I hope she needs her mother (a little at least) forever.
I can imagine how you must feel upon hearing those words! I feel a pang of pain every time my kid asks with all tears in his yes, "Dad, don't go to work today."
My wife was ready to quit work and stay home... it took me a lot of threats to make her not quit her job!
twisted dna, first time here? Welcome from a fan!
tdna:
'I feel a pang of pain every time my kid asks with all tears in his yes, "Dad, don't go to work today."'
whether you are really kidding or not, and whether the ladies believe us or not, kids do miss their dads too when they are at work [of course, they get over a working dad sooner than they get over a working mom! :-)].
'My wife was ready to quit work and stay home... it took me a lot of threats to make her not quit her job!'
i should have borrowed your dvd "how to threaten wife not to quit work when kid is born!" :-) too late now ...
terri:
i have been a fan of dna long before he got twisted.
- s.b.
sb - I don't get it. What's with threatening the wife! ....more importantly, why's the wife listening?! :O
rads:
that is a question for tdna, right? he is the guru garu on this issue.
- s.b.
You're right, that was meant for him :)
lol@garu :)
s.b:
"i should have borrowed your dvd"
It's not a DVD, it's a weekly soap opera :)
"long before he got twisted"
LOL! Yep. Let's just say s.b knows the secret past I successfully hid from most people :)
"he is the guru garu on this issue"
OK, rads and s.b. I am a little concerned that you guys might be setting me up for something. Neither have my wife's phone number, right? :P
twisted:
"weekly soap opera "
i think we would all like to subscribe to the (dirty) dish feed! ;-)
"Let's just say s.b knows the secret past I successfully hid from most people :)"
i was not sure whether or not i had commented as s.b. over there (now it looks like i had!). anyways, only one other person - other than those in my household - knows about your before and after avatars, but that person has the same kind of humour, so don't worry!
"Neither have my wife's phone number, right?"
i don't even have your phone number (or rads' for that matter), so you can rest peacefully! even if i did, i would not want to get your blog censored :-).
- s.b.
Post a Comment