Observations by a four-year-old who has yet to master the art of whispering:
- “Yuck, it stinks in here! Amma, did you do an ‘Excuse me?’”
- “Why can't I wait outside? Why do I have to watch you pee?"
- “Hey, you have flowers on your underwear, Amma, just like me. Wanna see?”
- “Oh, you’re bleeding in your diaper. Want some ice?”
- “Only mommies have hair over there? Why not girls?”
- “How come you don’t sit on the potty like me?”
- “Why are you doing so much pee pee, Amma? Do you have to go poo poo also? I'm tired. I want my cookie now.”
- “Why do boys have downward pee-pees?"
- “Why can't I help you flush?”
- “Gimme that. I can peel the stickers for you. Oops, I dropped it!”
- “Look, Amma, I can crawl out from under the door.”
- “Hey, that lady didn’t wash her hands. Why should I?”
- “Why are no daddies allowed in here?”
- "Is your pee-pee still bleeding? Amma ... Amma ...? Answer me, Amma. I said, IS YOUR PEE-PEE STILL BLEEDING?"

28 comments:
I'll be back to post a more sensible comment when I stop laughing. Maybe next week....
Happy all special days btw.
hilarious!
hahahaha, what a fun way to start the day. [for me] :)
Aaah.. the innocence of a 4 year old.. I am dying laughing...
"women should write more posts when PMSing" Old chinese saying.
AHAHAHAHAH!!! Your kid is my new hero... esp coz I don't have to take her into bathroom stalls with me :D
you need to check out ammani's badmomma blog ;-)
Kids are darned hilarious, aren't they! To the others of course.
Terri, should I or should I not have children?
Heheheheheh! I've learned my lesson at your expense -- am not taking my daughter to the restroom when she turns 4! Sooooooo funny!
actually my experience in taking a 4-year old (not even mine) to the restroom ..i had to get him to pee...but he fled from under the booth and barged into into someone else's while the person was midway doing her thing...this lady luckily didn't call the cops.
ur kid is damn cool. I cant imagine what impression I would have had of u if I were to read this post thinking you were a 25 year old guy.
Moppet’s mom, your time will come soon. I can feel it.
Broom, take it from me, furry little creatures are a much safer bet.
Rads, please tell me this has happened to you - at least once.
Vijay, surely this could never have happened to you! Maybe the missus has her own version.
Alpha, sorry, did you throw up your breakfast? At least it wasn’t a diarrhea post. I'd be deeply disturbed too if I read about a guy taking a kid (not even his own) into the restroom.
Amrita, you’re welcome to borrow her if you want a running commentary and also observations on the shoes of the woman in the next stall.
Munimma, that blog is my latest obsession. I might even contribute ;>
mg, please see advice to broom.
muser, your turn will come too, at 3-1/2 or 5. It better!
imagine having to go through this with a boy. just sayin'.
Terri - rest assured Ive undergone worse. Currently my 3rd time over :)
Terri, my story is worse. I taught my three year old that mummy gets periods now and then which makes her tired, and now everytime I tell her I am tired, irrespective of where we are she asks me if I have periods. She asked me that at someone's birthday party, and there was stunned silence for a few minutes after !
Loved it. I'm still chuckling!
Funnyrama!
Ter - pl tell mom to visit my blog and see that she has been tagged for her favorite Indian writing.
I have a little boy. His father's taking him to the bathroom, I've decided!
Sujatha, thankfully the nine-year-old boy isn’t allowed in the women’s restroom anymore.
Rads, I knew I could count on you.
Lakshmi, does she ask dad the same question or has she figured out it’s a female condition?
Squiggles mom, thanks for visiting. I’m amazed you find the time to blog with a one-month-old.
Noon, apologies, I only have time to read blogs these days, so that automatically disqualifies me from doing the tag. I hope.
Sunayna, what a beautiful name! Does the 1979 Yesudas song come to mind?
ooohhh... hilarious! :D
here's my response on some of the points on this post :-).
my two cents worth on kids say the darnedest things: we've relatives visiting in a few days. kiddo was saying that he wished he could use his remote to make the earth spin faster, so the days could go by quicker!
- s.b.
suki, thanks for visiting.
s.b., smart kid. Some of us wish we could fast forward time at work and pause it while sleeping.
I need to send you orkut invite. lemme know at what email.- YO-
Thanks, Yo. I'll try and restrain myself and not go over the edge. tsampat@hotmail.com
Just found out that they need you to have a google account to access. Is it worth it? you bet!! and please dont work too hard to restrain yourself at all. :)
Wow...now these are seriously some serious observations. LOL!!
Thank you :) Yeah, I've heard that song but my name has another cause.
Terri, little V knows all the non-technical facts about Aunt Flo ! :)
oh boy dat was hell funny..LOL
Post a Comment