Monday, July 30, 2007

Would Mouthwash Help?

Kuki: “Amma, will you kiss Appa when he comes back from Oregon?”

Mom: “Um … yes.”

Kuki: “Will Appa put his lips inside your mouth?”

I seriously doubt it, kiddo. Not when the first words mom utters when she sees dad are, "I'm so ready to quit my job!"

24 comments:

Unknown said...

would you bet your dog on it ?

:)

The Visitor said...

Terri - watch out, looks like you might be lost in a wager! On second thoughts, I think not, because who'll be there to voice mom's concerns?

Shammi said...

Now there's a word picture... :D

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Where is this kid getting all these questions from? Is she 4 or 5? The question she is asking does not seem to measure up to all the deprived stories in mom's other posts! Seriously wondering...

-Shree

Terri the terrific said...

Ooh, goody, new visitors, and that too folks I enjoy reading. Welcome, sundar and shyam!

visitor, so confident are we of dad's reaction that we're willing to bet something more pleasurable than a dog - this blog.

shree, she just turned 4. We blame all this half-baked knowledge on the Disney princess movies.

Anonymous said...

Yes, mouthwash will help. :)

ano

rads said...

lol, don't count on dad getting upset on your line mom :)

Anonymous said...

now, waitaminute here. there appears to be a wage wager going on here, or is the wager about one of kuki's two questions (more specifically, the second one)?

shree:

"The question she is asking does not seem to measure up to all the deprived stories in mom's other posts!"

with due respect to terri and his mom, did you mean deprived with an 'i' or an 'a'? ;-)

- s.b.

Shammi said...

Hey, I'm a regular reader here... I'm just too lazy to comment, most of the time! :) The fact that you dont know I havent been doesnt mean that I havent bean.

Shammi said...

Hm.. a Freudian slip there. Tis true I dont have a bean at the moment, but really what I meant to say in the previous comment was: "The fact that you dont know I have been doesnt mean that I havent been". Clear? :)

Unknown said...

me too.. I have been reading your blog.. then suddenly no posts and I stopped reading till the visitor pointed me here.. my wife's friend at IBM recommended your site to me last year!

:)

Terri the terrific said...

sundar, OMG! I sound famous! Wife's friend at IBM? I wonder who that is.

shyam, got it. Now, can you please explain your first comment also?

s.b., depraved aa? Me aa? Have you been talking to grandma?

rads, wanna bet?

ano, any particular brand?

Anonymous said...

s.b, after posting my comment i did realise how close deprived and depraved were in that context. i did mean deprived though as i find myself returning to read this blog for its humorous flavor.

Terri, do Disney movies have such insightful scenes? Hmmm..... you need to come up with something better... :-))

Anonymous said...

Hmm... would we know what is Mom gonna do and Dad's reaction to that?

Looks like an interesting movie :-)

Anonymous said...

terri:

"s.b., depraved aa? Me aa? Have you been talking to grandma?"

you really think i think so? well, as long as you don't suspect that *i* am grandpa (or grandma!) ...

shree:

i assume this is you ...

"Terri, do Disney movies have such insightful scenes? Hmmm..... you need to come up with something better... :-)) "

disney does have such scenes, believe me or not! i would not have believed it, had i not gotten a sneak preview of a - of all things - donald duck and goofy cartoon that my kids were watching yeterday! there was a full lip-smack kiss scene there, no kidding!

- s.b.

A Muser said...

OMG, s.b., "a full lipsmack kiss scene" in a Disney movie? Looks like depraved is a more appropriate adjective for Disney ;)
Terri, I was so anti-Disney princess anything, until Raina got a bunch of princess books for her 3rd birthday. Now we're all into "Cinderella married the prince and all her dreams came true." :( Yuck, yuck!

Anonymous said...

Terri - play it smart! Kiss first, tell later!

Sukhaloka said...

good luck!

Hope he takes it well :)

The Visitor said...

Amrita seems to have the order of events sorted out well. :)
So when is D-day? :D

Anonymous said...

Haha! "Put lips inside mouth"! Where do kids learn such expressions! When is the dad coming back? We are waiting here to hear the actual story :)

Terri the terrific said...

Shree, if not Disney princess, then definitely “Suite life of Zack and Cody” or “That’s so Raven.” Just pick any program from The Disney Channel that an older sibling might watch, and the younger one gets wise beyond her years.

s.b., maybe grandma had you in mind when she said, “Have some shame at least. Even men read your blog. What will they think of you?”

Muser, there’s no escaping. I’m waiting for the next fad to hit us after the diva turns five. Is it Bratz or something else?

All others, the ending isn’t very paisa vasool, unfortunately. It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Anonymous said...

Cmon Terri, movie dikhao. :) Everyone is waiting with anticipation.

Anonymous said...

"the ending isn’t very paisa vasool, unfortunately. It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth."

what was dad eating? ;-)

- s.b.

Anonymous said...

terri:

"s.b., maybe grandma had you in mind when she said, “Have some shame at least. Even men read your blog. What will they think of you?” "

next time grandma questions you, here is an excuse you could turn to(courtesy tdna):

"Be glad that she spared you all the Argentinian rituals to invite her spirit into your body.. er may be you are still carrying her spirit in your body :P"

- s.b.