¿Por qué, Shakira, ¿por qué?
The whole world knows you have a beautiful body. And if you wanted to flaunt your assets while performing, why wear a regular T-shirt in the first place?
Perhaps this what grandma’s referring to when she calls my writing trashy.
Shakira, bebé, it looks like one of us needs to tone down the act.
Should we just let our audience decide who should?
Thursday, August 02, 2007
At Least You're Getting Paid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

31 comments:
I personally don't think Shakira has a particularly beautiful body. She just knows how to move it. In any case, I don't think you can get any red-blooded male to vote for Shakira to tone down her act :P
By the way you mean, "¿por qué? ", right? "Porqué" in this context means "because" :)
I second twisted dna on the beautiful body bit!
tdna, gracias! I now know who to go to for Spanish lessons instead of relying on the cleaning lady.
lakshmi, pop quiz: What's more important? Having a beautiful body or knowing how to move it and when to use it? Hey, this could be a topic for a post.
tdna:
comparison of british cricketers and shakira: both are full of jelly beans; while the brits empty the beans where they should not, but shakira keeps them, and shakes the bag like only she can ;-). i just hope she does not attempt a nelly furtado like rendition of "kabee kabee" and make me cower for cover in some gully!
- s.b.
Shakira shakes the eyes of the audience and your writing titillates the mind of the audience. So both of you shouldn't tone it down.
We need to feel shaken and not stirred :)
That reminds me, the last post is incomplete! :D
Pilgrim - you sum well :)
Terri - can I answer Lakshmi's pop quiz too?
It's the latter. Always. A topic would shake a few ;-D
rads:
why not both? a body is not like a cake, after all.
- s.b.
IMHO, neither needs to tone down.
Terri: Has grandmom found this one as well? I thought you moved here because grandmom found out about the blog :D
sb - That's not up for debate at all! :D
I suppose I meant in a choice - if I had to choose between the 2.. the latter's a smarter choice. :)
What's more important? Having a beautiful body or knowing how to move it and when to use it? Hey, this could be a topic for a post.
Both (Actually if I really have to choose one of the options, it has to be the first one but with a good face). Reasons:-
1. If you do not have a beautiful body, I do not want to see it movie. Period. Do you want to see an obese moving her body!
2. If you are a butter face, then yes moving the body may be good but who wants to see it.
3. If you have beautiful body and do not know how to move it, we will still be watching the body!
2.
Pilgrim - abba, samiiii
BTW, that pic reminds me of my lil one. That was her favorite pose this week :-(
Yawn
Pilgrim, I put up a new post to distract you from the last post.
Rads, s.b., those of us blessed with one but not the other obviously want the other.
Anantha, grandma wasn’t the problem. It was other riffraff. But they found me as well. I’m not very good at covering my tracks.
Munimma, the little one isn’t Shakira’s age, is she?
Visitor, is the yawn for the post or for Shakira’s body?
Dear Grandma
We love your grand-dog's blog (and his mom). Please don't worry about it so much.
mg, how sweet! It looks like you're the only one who picked up on the premise of this post. I've been afriad, very afriad, to call home after this um, particular episode.
terri:
well, thanks to mumbaigirl, i am past the shakira diversion (or, as we say here in usa, 'detour' :-)).
"Munimma, the little one isn’t Shakira’s age, is she? "
now that i am better apprised of the post's premise and intent, should you not tell grandma something similar to what you told munimma: "grandma, mom isn't shakira's age, is she?"
- s.b.
p.s.: "grand-dog"!! rotfl (no, terri, i am not making fun of you!)
s.b., even when mom reaches my age, she'll always be treated like a child by her mother. That seems to be a speciality of most Indian parents, one that I'm sure mom herself will carry on, in spite of biting her tongue, with her own children.
s.b:
LOL@the comparison. I am tempted to say a couple of things but I shouldn't. We should keep this comment thread clean ;)
terri:
"I now know who to go to for Spanish lessons instead of relying on the cleaning lady"
Given my current household chores, I can give good advice on cleaning too :D
Twisted, no cleaning lady? That's one of the reasons dad isn't allowing mom to quit. He doesn't want to restart chores like mowing the lawn or cleaning bathrooms.
I have no idea of who is who in this circle of life.. ie. who is grandma, who is grand dog etc.
Only good news is I wouldnt be qualified as Riff raff, based on this post.
as one of my persian friend's mom told him, when he was complaining to her over the phone on how difficult it is to raise kids in the USA
"dont worry. only the first 40 years are difficult. after that it gets easy".
the dude was 39 when she said that!
wait till you are 40 and your mom might treat you differently!
:)
Hi Terri - I seem to have missed the premise of this post, as seen by mom, and I rather insensitively 'yawned'.
Rather a difficult question, when one tries to look at grandma's POV also. But being natural or doing what one wants to do /say is important.
At the end of it all, as MG said, we all like your blog. :)
when kids become parents (of their parents) ... this will get you rocking (and rolling) in laughter - sayesha's revenge.
terri, has mom experienced this kind of nirvana?
- s.b.
wish shakira would pull down her pants (after doing a 180 degree turn). then we can really judge if she has a good body...but that taut midriff, wooooo mamacita
that applies to mom as well ;)
sundar, that's what happens if you enter so late in the game. But you're not to be blamed. Even dad isn't clear about the number of relatives on mom's side of the family.
visitor, thanks.
s.b., haven't we all?
After reading so many comments, lets get to the bottomline:
Are the investors(of time) gonna get good returns and can also shake their heads after reading it. (Even your Grandma. Although that probably would be either a disapproving or encouraging shake!)
But I thought the premise was obvious. Pleased that I got it, because sometimes am very slow on the uptake.
Terri,
Tell mom that wearing and full T-shirt and then taking it off apparently contributes to the excitement.
sujatha, I'm not sure she took the T-shirt off at the concert. She probably kept playing peek-a-boob throughout.
mg, you (and all others) missed the premise in the next post.
pilgrim, translation, please. Your comment just flew over my head.
sigh
Post a Comment