Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Don’t cry for me, aw-gentle-junta

Well, the votes are in, and I owe a big thank you from my bottomless heart to all those who bothered to vote.

Judging by the handful of people who read this blog (talk about an ego deflator – the number of readers just about surpasses mom’s real age), it looks as though you’d like me to watch Desperate Housewives to see what the other Teri and I have in common, apart from the size of our minuscule fan clubs.

Is it more embarrassing to admit that you’ve never watched a single episode of Desperate Housewives and other television dramas aired after 1998 when your first child was born, or to admit that you've started falling asleep on the rare occasions you do watch TV, just like your mother does?

Anyway, the point I was trying to make - and there was one when I started, believe me - is that I won’t be shutting shop anytime soon. That is, not unless dad delicately clears his throat (as he usually does when he has something important to say, such as “Are you going to eat that last breadstick?”) and pointedly asks me to.

Being lord of the manor, and as such our resident computer fixer, the master commands quiet respect, and I might be inclined to obey him in the style of a pati-vrata woman, aka mom. She might not be the kind who observes Karwa Chauth, but at least she washes his dirty laundry, albeit in public.

As it is, I’ve already toned down the raunch factor on this blog for the sake of my grandparents who tend to mumble purification prayers and sprinkle holy water on the computer every time they log in to this site.

What would I not do for the man I love?

7 comments:

rads said...

What would I not do for the man I love?

Such hopeless romantics we are, aren't we? :D

Anonymous said...

Umm...is there any reason you bring this up? I mean, dad is not hinting at anything rash, is he? Should we talk to him directly and beg him with tears in our eyes to have mercy on us?

Anonymous said...

hillarious...you must continue to write...since you are so goo at it...now stop this talk abt shutting down...nan sense i say

Terri the terrific said...

rads, we're nut cases!

lakshmi, dad doesn't hint, he only drops bombs. Before he asks me to shut shop, he might as well chop my paws off, drive a stake through my heart and hang me from the nearest tree.

1$ saint, thank you.

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit, Terri. I'll lend you my paws, err, fingers, if it comes to that :)

Anonymous said...

Two interesting points you have raised -
1. I’ve already toned down the raunch factor on this blog

2. Judging by the handful of people who read this blog

Do you fail to see a correlation!

And finally!

or to admit that you've started falling asleep on the rare occasions you do watch TV, just like your mother does?


My mom does that too! You play the movie she wants to see, and there she just drops on the couch!

Terri the terrific said...

Lakshmi, I knew I could count on you even if I don't have paws to count with.

pilgrim, this is the part where I say I'm aiming for quality, not quantity of readers.