All this talk of tumors and suspected cancer and watching Five People You Meet in Heaven have spurred thoughts of an exit strategy in my already-addled mind.
Thanks to the movie, I now perceive eternity as hog dog heaven scattered with treats and a nearby rainbow bridge I can lift a leg to while waiting for mom to join me.
Ever since we watched the movie together, mom’s convinced that heaven seems like a rather cheery place to settle in, provided she’s allowed to bring a laptop. If the bestseller is to be believed, the parade of people passing through our afterlives should be able to answer any questions and queries hitherto unresolved by Google.
Coming down to earth, my subsequent ascent up the stairway to heaven begs the following question: What will happen to this blog when I'm gone?
Should I sever all earthly ties and make a clean break or should I continue to write from eternity and beyond?
Get thee to the poll on the right side and vote.
I leave it up to you.

15 comments:
Apparently if you have been bad.. they make you use a dial-up connection up there.. just to torture you...
So Beware...
Hi Terri, get well soon..
Heaven may be over rated. Very few people have gone there and claim a come back..
:)
Hey Terri, I'm sure you're going to be around for a long while yet. Here's my suggestion for when you do finally decide to take the stairway to heaven. You know how Desperate Housewives is narrated by an all-seeing and slightly annoying dead woman? Maybe you could do that (minus the trite lessons at the end of each episode/post)?
Never stop.
missed your blog...now im back to catch up a lot....nice post as usual...
Sure, write from heaven. Some of us already do ;)
Oh definitely a voice from beyond the grave - if it works for Desperate Housewives, why not Terri? Much better imo
You can't stop once you get to heaven, Terri! You'll be omniscient and omnipresent then and can bark out pearls of wisdom to us mortals. Oh, you're already doing that, aren't you? :))
Terri,
what do you mean by that, dude?
You aren't leaving anywhere.
Haven't Grandma asked you 'not to speak about un-speakables' like these?
This is the time the fighter in you kicks alive.
Stay put and we will hail.
lol....aren't you a huge fan of Five People you Meet in Heaven !
Wherever you find yourself, keep rocking ! and if you do decide to continue writing, someone will continue reading !
Peace
terri:
"Coming down to earth, my subsequent ascent up the stairway to heaven begs the following question: What will happen to this blog when I'm gone?"
in human years (and sentiments), you are pretty close to the person "enbedded" here.
- s.b.
Vijay, what happens in Hell then?
Sundar, I think chocolate and coffee are overrated.
Mm, amrita, your comments have inspired a new post. Many thanks.
Broom, I might go on a sabbatical though.
1$ Saint, welcome back; although I can’t imagine what could be more important than me.
Lakshmi, I thought the weather in Chennai was as close as one can get to Hell.
Muser, I’ll just continue as you say. And if anybody has a problem with that they can point a middle finger heavenward.
Upsi, saady, so sweet of you! How can I desist in the face of such encouragement?
s.b., touching, isn’t it? We’re so solicitous of our audience. And to think we’ll never meet three-quarters of our readership.
sure terri....i meant the same too...lots to catch up by reading your posts... ;)
Hi i am fresh here. I came upon this chat board I find It positively accessible and it's helped me so much. I should be able to give something back and aid other users like its helped me.
Cheers all, See You About.
Whats's Up im fresh on here, I hit upon this chat board I have found It absolutely useful & its helped me out loads. I should be able to give something back & assist other people like its helped me.
Cheers, See Ya Later
Post a Comment