In a wave of self-pity last week, dad accused mom of the following:
“You care more about dogs than you care about me people,” he said.
“No, I don’t,” shot back mom.
“Yes, you do,” argued dad.
“Of course not!” muttered mom.
What an unfair accusation!
Mom cares very deeply about ice cream also, so there!
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Leona Helmsley she’s not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I think you got the priorities in the equation Dogs >= people....not so sure about the ice cream bit though..S
S, I SCREAM for ice cream. But nobody hears me :(
Caring for dogs just makes one a better human, no?
mg, that's what I'm trying to say, but Andy Rooney said it better, "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Yeah, and they don't dump you for some younger version.....or perhaps only for a juicy bone!
Terri, Mom sounds like my kind of gal, right down to the ice cream! Except (Terri, cover your floppy ears -- or maybe I should say melty-brown eyes) in my case the accusation usually involves cats! Seeing me cuddling on the couch with Cookie and/or StudlyMuffin (both of the feline variety), the dearly beloved would go:
"You love that cat more than you love me!"
And I'd respond "Of course not! I love you both equally" and wonder why he walked off in a huff ...
DS (recently r2i'ed to Blore, minus the cats unfortunately)
deepa, your comment reminded me of the "This old man, He played one ..." ditty. That song still doesn't make sense to me.
DS, StudlyMuffin sounds cute! (Somebody cut my tongue off for calling a cat cute.) We should commiserate over a bowl of ice cream someday.
Post a Comment