Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hit or Miss

Lost in Translation.

Anybody seen that movie, yet? It's about two Americans (one bored, the other very bored) in a luxury hotel in Tokyo who cannot sleep. Which is funny, because sleep is the only thing that came to my mind less than five minutes into the movie.

Even the laptop I was watching it on shared my sentiments, because halfway through the movie, it froze. Or at least that's what I thought.

"It's overheated," concluded my human, when I gently prodded him awake, close to midnight.
"You mean when it freezes, it's actually boiling?" I was tempted to ask.
"You shouldn't have kept it on the comforter. It's supposed to be on a hard surface," he added, with a trace of irritation.
"Huh?!! Then why call it a laptop if I can't keep it on my lap?" I wanted to retort.

Granted his thighs (where the laptop mostly resides) are harder than mine, but it seems to me that laptop makers should perhaps rechristen the machine as tabletop instead of willfully misleading the unsuspecting public.

But I digress.

Coming back to the film, who knows what happens in the end since nothing really happened in the first place.

Morning Raaga is playing in the background as I write this. That Perizaad is eye candy and the Carnatic music divine, but nothing else happens in the movie. A pity, since the title sounds so promising. Which is what happened with Bride & Prejudice.

It looks like all the creativity and energy go into choosing the title and then end there ... sort of like this blog post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Terri,

Very amusing blogs indeed! Bloggers in general tend to be a transparent bunch. You seem to have a shade of mystery to yourself. A hint of longing, a dollop of desire to break out of the mold, a yearning for that which cannot be.

Is it true or am I treading on thin ice here?

Terri the terrific said...

Hello, you seem to have a shade of mystery to yourself too. Give me a clue ~ do I know you or did you stumble here while on your cosmic journey?